Enjoying games at home does not always require a large financial investment. In fact, it is possible to make crafts that allow you to create games to enjoy with the family, especially those in which there are children who can be made participants in the creation of the game itself.
This is the case for those who are interested in knowing how to do bingo at home, which is what we are going to teach you throughout this article. In this way, with some very basic materials you can create a handmade bingo game.
In this way, you can have a good time with the little ones in the house when creating a new game to enjoy all together. However, it can also be a good option for adults who want to have a good time at any event or celebration.
Instructions to make a bingo at home
If you want to know how to make a bingo at home through this craft, which is very simple to do, we will explain everything you need to know to do it. The steps are the following:
- First of all, you must take the newspaper and go forming small balls, similar in size to that of a quail egg. This is a very simple task that even children as young as 3 years old can do. You do not need to overdo it, since 15 or 20 balls will be enough.
- Once they are rolled up and are more or less circular, you should put them in a container with glue mixed with water and leave them until they dry. If there is high humidity and you want to speed up the process, you can resort to using a hair dryer.
- Once the balls are completely dry, to continue with the craft, you must proceed to paint the balls completely white, or failing that, in another light tone color. Let them dry and when they no longer stain you can paint on the balls the number of each ball between 1 and 15 or 20, depending on the number of balls you have already made.
- While they are drying you can start making the cardboard.
- When it comes to making the cards, you can let your imagination run wild, since only a few units are needed for each member of the family or friends who are playing bingo. You must draw the numbers according to the balls you have created. As it is a homemade game, it is not necessary to be too careful with the cards, and everything will depend on how you want to create it.
- Once you have made the cards and the balls, you will only have to play bingo as usual, placing all the balls in a container or bag and taking them out until there is a winner.
What do you need to make a bingo at home?
- Waste paper or newsprint
- Carpenter’s glue mixed with water
- Two different washable paint pots
- Colored pencils
Tips for making a bingo at home
Now that you know how to make a bingo at home, it is convenient that you know that if you play with children you must be flexible with the game, and that it is advisable that you do not accept the game as it really is, so that everyone can “win”. There are children (and also adults), who have a bad loss and can affect the gaming experience.
However, it is always advisable to look for a certain flexibility, and that everyone who participates has a good time, even being able to make some kind of prize system or rewards for the winners. In addition, whoever is in charge of the game may be the one who establishes an “innocent hand” turn to draw the ball and thus make the game more interactive.
It is an activity that, in addition to being very playful, can also be educational, both by making the bingo itself and the cards and later enjoying the game itself.
Apart from this, you must bear in mind that if you wish you can go beyond the 15 or 20 balls, and therefore numbers. In fact, in any “real” bingo you will find that, in many cases, the total number of balls is 90, with a total of 25 numbers appearing on the cards.
Although this is a very interesting option, especially when trying to win a financial reward, you have to keep in mind that to create your own bingo for the home, it is best to have only 15 or 20 balls per fact that it will turn out much faster. In case you choose to have a large number of numbers, you will need more cards, since a limited number of numbers will appear on each one; and in the case of opting for many values, the game can become very long, to the point of becoming boring.