There are many people who decide to make gel candles, candles with crayons and other homemade candles at home, so this time we are going to talk about how to make candles with virgin beeswax, natural candles that are within reach from all over the world and with which you can get to enjoy different advantages.
To begin with, more and more people are committed to using products that are responsible for respecting the environment. This is also possible when making candles, being able to use natural candles with beeswax or soy wax. These are natural products that can be used safely to build ourselves and in our own home, and can even be customized.
Advantages and properties of beeswax
Beeswax is 100% natural and melts very easily, as it has the advantage of having a low melting point. One of its great advantages is that it is not necessary to mix it with other additives, as is the case with other types of candles. In this case it will be enough for you to add the aroma that you like the most.
Virgin beeswax has an orange color, but you can opt for a refined beeswax that has a white color, as it may have gone through a cleaning process. This type of wax is frequently used to make creams and natural cosmetics. However, in the case of waxes, you can use dyes to obtain natural colored candles, whether they are red, orange, green, yellow…
When making your beeswax candles you will find a 100% ecological product, which is obtained within a healthy and clean process, both for the environment and for you as a user, since it will not generate waste. In addition, it offers clear benefits such as its intense aroma of honey, which will always be impregnated and provides well-being to the mind and body. In fact, knowing how to make virgin beeswax candles will help you create an atmosphere of calm and relaxation.
With regard to health, this beeswax has different associated benefits, since it helps in cases of asthma, rhinitis or allergies. This is because it has an effect against congestion, facilitating breathing and allowing a better rest.
Beeswax candles also have a certain mystical and spiritual character. Honey candles produce negative ions that are responsible for cleaning the air of polluting particles. In addition, when burning they are consumed more slowly.
Instructions for making candles with virgin beeswax
In case you are interested in knowing how to make candles with virgin beeswax, you should follow these steps:
- First of all, you must place the wick in the molds, holding it in a centered position with the help of a perforated spatula or with a stick.
- Once the first step is done, it is time to melt the wax in a saucepan. Does it at a gentle temperature until it dissolves? When there is a small amount left to melt, it will be time to turn off the heat and let the residual heat of the saucepan itself be in charge of completely undoing the wax.
- Then you have to pour the wax into a plastic cup, adding the aromatic essence of honey to our liking. The maximum amount that should be added is 1%, which in our case could reach a maximum of 3 grams. Then you must stir the mixture and rest a little in case it is very hot.
- Once this is done, it will be time to fill the already prepared molds with the wick to the brim. When you have done it you will have to let it harden, for which you will have to let it rest in a cool place for several hours.
- Once they are completely cold, it will be time to remove them from the mold and trim the remaining wick.
With this simple procedure you will already know how to make candles with virgin beeswax, which have the advantage of being a natural and ecological material, but also have different benefits, among which is a perfect wax finish.
The process, as you can see, is faster and easier to carry out than you can imagine; and in this way you will be able to have candles that will have multiple advantages, a much better option than those in the supermarket.
What do you need to make candles with virgin beeswax?
In the event that you are interested in knowing how to make candles with virgin beeswax, since it is not a product that is usually found in a supermarket, you can get it in organic stores, herbalists or online. To make a candle you will need the following:
- 300 grams of beeswax in sheets
- aromatic essence of honey
- Ecological cord for candles
- Cooking pot
- glass cup or mold