Many people are interested in being able to make crafts with which to give a second life to materials found in their everyday products. To contribute to the conservation of the planet and ensure that it is preserved in the best possible state, it is very important to try to reuse useful materials and thus form part of the culture of recycling.
This time we are going to talk about how to make crafts with coffee capsules, for which we are going to give you different options. Contrary to what you might think, these can offer you the possibility of making very varied objects, ranging from decorative elements to costume jewelry and even other objects that you could never have imagined. Here are a number of options to choose from:
Instructions for making crafts with coffee capsules
Rings with coffee capsules
Even if you have never thought about it, coffee capsules can even be used to make jewelry accessories, thus being able to give them a second use. The steps to follow are those:
- To start with this simple craft, you must take the desired coffee capsule and proceed to crush it completely.
- Once you have crushed the capsule you will only have to take a little hot silicone. With it stick a drop on the back of the coffee capsule.
- Next, and to finish, it will be enough to stick a ring or ring to that drop. Once it has dried it will be ready for you to use it. In this way you will have a very original ring with the color you prefer, since the capsules can be found in a wide variety of them.
Pots with coffee capsules
Another option you have to be able to enjoy these capsules and thus give them a second use is to make “mini” size pots. The process in this case is also very simple, since it is enough to do the following:
- To start you have to thoroughly clean the capsules, for which you will remove the metal lid and empty the coffee that is inside.
- Once you empty the coffee and leave it clean, it will be time to fill the capsule with small flowers or leaves and add soil. Also, take the opportunity to place the decorative elements that you prefer.
- If you put together several of these mini pots you can make a very interesting creation, whether for your room, for the living room table, etc.
Coffee capsule necklaces
If you like jewelry with recycled materials, another option you can consider to make the most of coffee capsules after consuming them is to make necklaces. The process is:
- First of all, you should proceed to thoroughly clean the capsules that you want to use in your necklace, which can be as many as you consider depending on the appearance you want to give it.
- Once they are clean, you will have to take some pliers and proceed to fold the capsules to give them the shape that interests you the most.
- In each capsule that you want, you must make a hole in the tip, to then pass a small ring and then pass a cord through that ring or the rings that you have used.
- If you want, you can add beads or small beads between each of the capsules.
In this way you will be able to unleash your creativity and create original necklaces, and all this with your coffee capsules.
Keychain with coffee capsules
Another very simple idea is to make your own keychains with Espresso coffee capsules. If you are interested in how to make your own keychains, you just have to follow these steps:
- First you must take two equal capsules and crush them completely. You can do it without any problem, since a single sharp blow will suffice to crush them.
- With a punch you will make a hole to insert the keychain chain through it. If you prefer, you can opt for magic thread and with the help of pliers, wrap it around the double capsule that you have crushed.
- If you wish, you can add other small objects to create your new capsule keychain. You can combine capsules of different colors as well as give it the design you prefer. The limit will be in your own imagination.
Play of light
An alternative proposal to the previous ones is to make a set of lights, either to decorate your house at Christmas or for any other celebration. The steps are the following:
- First of all, you will have to make a hole in the upper part of the capsule. You must do it with enough space so that a light bulb can enter inside. However, do not go overboard when making the hole, since it can be a bit small and widen it with the pressure when inserting the bulb itself, so that you will ensure that it is perfectly fastened and does not move.
- After introducing the strip of light bulbs inside the different capsules, it will be enough to resort to small nails, easy hanging or similar to decorate the wall of your home with this original set of lights.